Security Basics mailing list archives

SecurityFocus Article Announcement

From: Stephen Entwisle <se () securityfocus com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 14:08:46 -0600 (MDT)

The following articles are now available on the SecurityFocus Web site:

Malware Myths and Misinformation, Part One
By David Harley

This article is the first of a three-part series looking at some of the
myths and misconceptions that undermine anti-virus protection. The
fallacies we address here tend to begin with the words "I'm safe from
viruses because..."

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1695

Relax, It Was a Honeypot"
By Tim Mullen

A security company cleverly tricks hackers into compromising one of its
distribution sites. Really.

http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/162

Stephen Entwisle
Moderator, Security-Basics
SecurityFocus
http://www.securityfocus.com
(403) 261-5417

Thinking About Security Training? You Can't Afford Not To!

Vigilar's industry leading curriculum includes:  Security +, Check Point,
Hacking & Assessment, Cisco Security, Wireless Security & more! Register Now!
--UP TO 30% off classes in select cities--
http://www.securityfocus.com/Vigilar-security-basics