Security Basics mailing list archives

Snmp trap handler with filter and alert software to suggest???

From: "Héroux, Christian" <Christian.Heroux () etsmtl ca>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:50:04 -0500

I am looking for software that can translate trap into text and send alert like email, page...

I already found WhatUp, Cscare, TrapTrackers...

None of them are giving me what I need which is simple:
-Translate trap oid and status into text
-Send a alert which contain the readable form of the trap not the oid with the data
-Which has a mib compiler function that allows compiling many mib definition files

Some don`t translate Cisco trap correctly, other only compile one mib file at the time, other send email but don`t
translate the trap so I end up with a cryptic email that don`t means much.

Please help me!

Christian Heroux