Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security Approval Process

From: JohnNicholson () aol com
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:30:14 -0500

Debbie -

Regardless of whether anyone else does it, I'd say you've got a pretty good situation as long as it doesn't overwhelm
you.

Centralizing a function like that decreases the likelihood that some random person is going to misconfigure something
and open a hole in your firewall, or that some tech is going to open a hole at the insistance of a business person.

John