Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: USB Tokens

From: rafael <rafael () isc-consultores com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:50:04 +0100

Rainbow iKey Series lets you to logon W2k enviroments.

I´ve tested iKey VPN-Solutions 2032 and 3000 series. And it works.
.
The only thing you´ve to do is modify local security policy in order to block/unblock the session when you retire/insert the key.

Also, it can
Secure user authentication to the Windows 2000 domain,
• Secure user authentication to the Windows2000 client when disconnected from the corporate network
• Secure VPN client logon and RAS logon for remote access to network
• Secure eMail signing with Microsoft Outlook
• eMail encryption with Microsoft Outlook

more on http://www.rainbow.com/ikey/index.html

Justin Derry wrote:

Hi,
Has anyone used/developed/know of an application that can secure the OS =
authentication (GINA) by using a standard USB token with say a =
certificate on it.

EG I have a 32Mb USB token with a certificate and when windows boots you =
insert the USB token into the workstation and enter a password to unlock =
the certificate.

Thoughts?

I am currently looking at if i have to buy a etoken from eAlladdin or =
somewhere. Would prefer to use a standard USB token.
Cheers
Justin

SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
http://www.surfcontrol.com/go/zsfsbl1

--
Un saludo.

================================
        Rafael Díez
        Consultor Técnico Seguridad.

ISC Consultores Cañada Real de las Merinas, 3
        Edificio 4, Planta 1
        Centro de Negocios Eisenhower
28042 Madrid
        Tel       +34 91 312 08 00