Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: PIX access list using MAC address

From: jamesworld () intelligencia com
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 18:57:55 -0600

Pix OS 6.3 is due to be released soon.  This has the functionality you desire.

At 11:59 3/21/03, dataclaus1 () hushmail com wrote:

Hello,

We have a customer machine that performs automated upload and download
of files to an AS/400.  We have put this machine (and the rest of that
customer's connections) behind a PIX 515 firewall.  The vendor of this
machine claims to use pure 802.3 ethernet packets to communicate by MAC
address I'm pretty sure it's OS/2 they're using(don't ask!).

I've googled and toured the Cisco web site, but have been unable to find
anything for PIX related to access list entries by MAC (although I did
find that some routers/IOS versions seem to).

Does anyone know of a way to get a PIX to grant access via MAC address?

Thanks
CM

Big $$$ to be made with the HushMail Affiliate Program:

SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
http://www.surfcontrol.com/go/zsfsbl1