Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: NTP recommendations

From: "Zill, Greg" <Greg.Zill () owh com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:13:16 -0600

I run Raptor (Symantec SEF) which provides for NTP proxy.
Its wizard obtained three time sources based on geography.
The time is then served to root DC and to the chokepoint router serving the DMZ and frame and routing to the LAN.
I then setup peer ntp on the chokepoint router to enable it to serve ntp to anyone requesting time.
Seemed kind of a natural: "How do I get to X and, oh by the way, what time have you got?"
I only have the one hole in the firewall for the three destinations and DC active directory serves all clients, while
the DMZ Router serves the rest.