Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Fport Problem

From: Su Wadlow <swadlow () utdallas edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:36:03 -0500

--On Friday, June 27, 2003 8:26 AM -0400 Nathan <nathan.grandbois () cerdant com> wrote:

I recently tried to have someone run FPort on one of their servers,
and a funny thing happened. The only information it displayed was:

        C:\Tools\Foundstone>fport
        FPort v2.0 - TCP/IP Process to Port Mapper
        Copyright 2000 by Foundstone, Inc.
        http://www.foundstone.com

And then it returned to the command line. I had him try it with the
various switches, but it still had the same output. The machine this
was performed on was a Wind0ws NT 4 Server. Has anyone else had this
happen to them, if so, how did you fix it?

You might check to make sure that the user has administrative rights
on the machine he's trying to run it on.

--
Su

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.
Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.
Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm