Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: NTFS Permissions (was Share Permissions)

From: Andy Streule <andy.streule () lythamhigh lancs sch uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:24:32 +0100

surely this means you could end up with tonnes of shares, to facilitate
different permissions to different users/groups/folders. And mapping them
all to different ppl would be a nightmare.
You wouldnt be able to just map the folder for everyone and then let ntfs
permissions determine who can see what.

Perhaps this isnt an issue in your organisation, but it's certainly
limiting.
I'm sure normal users should only have change permissions instead of "full
control" but i cant remember the difference.

~Andy