Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Lost permission tab

From: "Di Fresco Marco" <superdif () infinito it>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:46:30 +0200

Look at the filesystem you're using.... if it's not NTFS then it is
normal not to hav ethe permission tab. You can convert to NTFS by
using the CONVERT command.

[CUT]

Turn off simple file sharing. Open My Computer, go to
Yools>>Options>>View,
then uncheck "Use simple file sharing (Recommended)".

Thank you for the reply. As I have stated in one my reply to my thread, in
the original e-mail I forgot to mention that I had already checked the
option about the file system. I eventually figured out that the problem was
caused from the "simple file sharing".

Thank you anyway and thank to all the list for the help.

Di Fresco Marco

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm