Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Undeliverable: RE: [fw-wiz] HTTPS, proxies, and remote developers.

From: "Hilal Hussein" <hilalma () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 12:47:33 +0000

Dear Gentlemen,

My Boss asked me to write down :
1 - the Password Policy
2 - The Client 'winXP,win98,winNT Wordstation' Security Policy
3 - The Information Technology Security Policy in General in our company

1-For the Password Policy, i got lots of documents from the net, and i came
out with two policies, one for "the creation of strong passwords, the
protection of those passwords, and the frequency of change" and the other is

for "how to write down passwords and seal them in an envelope, how to store
them and retrieve them appropriately".
Q1: do I have to keep it two policies or it is perferable to merge both in
one document?

2 - For the Client security policy
Q2: Is there any simple/clear and compelete document that is already
available for free on the net?

3 - For the IT security policy in General,
Q3: I got lots of documents, but till now, i am not able to see a complete
policy that will be a reference in my security dept, since we have firewall,

servers "domain, exchange, webmail, Oracle web application, ...
Is there any Document that is covering all of hte above mentioned IT
services, and more?

one further question, is there any security policy template for the laptop,
and what security setup should be done for the laptop in order to prevent
any vulnerability in our network after the user come back from his travel
with his laptop beeing exposed to lots of internet cafee and other
non-secure network?
your comments and supports are really appreciated

with regards,

Hilal Hussein

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.
Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.
Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm