Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Wirless LAN

From: "Anil John" <atj () CyberForge com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 23:08:16 -0400

Tim,

If you have the option of a Microsoft-centric solution, you may want to
check out the following whitepaper.

Microsoft Solution for Securing Wireless LANs

"The Securing Wireless LANs solution provides Planning, Implementation,
Operations and Test guides, as well as additional resources including
installation scripts, security templates, monitoring scripts, and
implementation planning resources.

This solution provides an overview of Microsoft's Solution for Securing
Wireless LANs. The solution focuses on Microsoft's approach of using 802.1x
authentication, RADIUS and public key infrastructure (PKI) to provide a
robust, highly secure answer to the problems of current wireless LAN
deployments for organizations ranging from several hundred to many thousand
users. It will aid the IT Professional in understanding the design,
installation, and ongoing management tasks involved. Topics include: secure
authentication of wireless clients using 802.1x, EAP-TLS and Internet
Authentication Services, tackling weaknesses in WEP, deploying a PKI with
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certificate Services, integration with Active
Directory and Group Policy, configuration of Windows XP clients, and
monitoring and management of these components."

- Anil