Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: ptrace24 - How It apeared in my box?

From: "Wiest, Damian" <dmwiest () rc2corp com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:11:51 -0500

Jairo,

Nearly all of the services you mentioned have had vulnerabilities published
recently (depending on which implementations you're using).

Without more information about your system I can only recommend that you
reinstall, upgrade to the most recent releases of the services you mentioned
and reconsider which services you want to make accessible over the Internet.

-Damian