Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: new moderator for Security-Basics

From: "Al Sez" <aer () efn org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:01:58 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "JM" <jm () mindless com>
To: "'Kelly Martin'" <kel () securityfocus com>;
<security-basics () securityfocus com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 1:43 PM
Subject: RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: new moderator for Security-Basics

Kelly

Welcome, You have been doing a good job already

Sorry for the early awkward questions, but I was wondering if you could
maybe answer the following.....

How many people of those subscribed have actually posted?
Are there any stats available for numbers of mails, over time, per user,
and anything to show the growth rate would be great, either in posts, or
subscribers.

I just really wanted to get an idea of how much use this service really
gets.

Thanks in advance

JM

I'm not sure what such a statistic would show. There are probably a lot of
people such as myself who signed up on the list purely for educational
reasons. I wasn't looking for anything in particular but rather to up my
security awareness and to just make me more aware of security issues. I have
found that reading the discussions can be really informative. Almost as
valuable are the suggested links that many postings contain.

This is my first posting after several months as a member. But I feel that I
have learned a lot and will continue to learn. But other that comments such
as this, I am unlikely to post much more.

Just my opinion.

Al

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm