Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Free utiities

From: "Wilcox, Stephen" <StephenWilcox () universalcomputersys com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 16:44:36 -0500

http://www.nmap.org/tools.html

There are plenty of tools you can uses

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristofer Mcconnell [mailto:kristofer.mcconnell () prudential com]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 6:57 AM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Free utiities

To all,

What are everyone's top 5 free utilities that help troubleshoot,
administer, and apply security to their networks, systems, and such? These
tools can be used from anything from networking to disk fragmenting. I like
trying new applications that help with the most mundane and trivial network
occurrences. I like applications that help me with my day to day operations
and are easy to use and interpret.

Thanks,
Kristofer Mc Connell
Web Admin
Prudential Financial

The information transmitted in this message is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
 If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this document.