Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Share Permissions

From: "Jennifer Fountain" <JFountain () rbinc com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:38:47 -0400

Let me get a better understanding as to what you do... So I will explain
how I do it - I set the share permissions to full for "domain users"
(not everyone ), add a local group to the server, add a domain global
group and add the domain global group to the local group. I, then, add
the local group to the folder (allow all subfolder to inherit rights).
Whenever someone needs rights to that folder, I add the to the domain
global group.  Is that similar to what you do?  If so, I think this is
pretty secure while alleviating a lot of the admin overhead.  Please
correct me if I am wrong.