Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Must read for everyone

From: "Dan Clements" <dan () cardcops com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:14:17 -0700

Lincoln,

We've seen over 200 Merchant hacks in the last few years...with maybe 10% of
them fessing up, as they are required to by their Merchant aggreements with
Visa and MC. Even MC knows only about 15% of all hacks are reported as per
John Verduci of MC
http://www.epaynews.com/index.cgi?survey=&keywords=hack&optional=&subject=&l
ocation=&ref=keyword&f=view&id=1050058891622215212&block=

We'd love to hear what the security pros think about all of this.

Regards,
Dan
CardCops.com