Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: ping, traceroute, nampwin doesnt seem to work

From: "Stuart" <secmail () patchsupplier dyndns org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 02:57:04 +0100

Hi,

Where are you trying to ping?
I used sygate firewall once, even when it was disabled I found that
it still blocked and filtered packets :/
I also had mcafee antivirus and I found that after installing a
protocol or installing a new NIC the "inbuilt firewall" would
"reconfigure winsock" as it put it, and I would have no network
connectivity. Even ping returned a load of rubbish.
Do you have the XP firewall installed on the interface?

Stu