Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Redhat 8.0 networking/routing/security issue...

From: "skate" <root () fatcuban com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 16:51:22 +0100

Anyway. I'm fairly new with Linux networking and i'm a little stumped. I
have three boxes, none have OS's yet, but i'm planning on one having
Windows
XP Pro, and the other two with Redhat 8.0. My plan is to have one of the
Redhat boxes set up kind of as a router(?) so my two computers other

if you haven't installed any OS's yet, checkout ClosedBSD, it's a full OS on
a CD/Floppy and will do exactly what you want. it's based around the
extremely robust and secure OpenBSD kernel, and you shouldn't need to do
much configuring at all...

http://www.closedbsd.org/

if your determined on the idea of running RH, then that's what i'm running
at home. I'm not much of a linux person, but a simple google search will
give you several step by step tutorials on how to set it up properly. I
managed it in a few hours. definatly recommend running 2 NIC's in that box
tho...