Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Monitoring the network: Routers

From: "Cariddi, Richard" <Richard_Cariddi () acml com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:24:16 -0400

Did you look at Cricket?
We use both Solar Winds and Cricket, Solar Winds, as you said, is great for
Trouble Shooting.
It addresses some of the shortcomings of MRTG, and is also free.
We see the usual problems w/Cricket in the long term graphs, it tends to
summarize the stats due to the way the data is stored.
It is not exceptionally difficult to support, but you have to have moderate
to high UNIX/Scripting/PERL skills to make it worth your time.

This should get you started:
http://cricket.sourceforge.net/
http://cricket.sourceforge.net/support/doc/neta-paper/paper.html
http://www.acktomic.com/cricket/cricket.htm