Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: What to look at, source or destination port?

From: José Joaquín <jostein_svq () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:38:18 +0200

Hi Scott,

what I really wanted to say was that you should allow to pass through the firewall only packets belonging to well known UDP protocols, of course, used by your applications; i.e. DNS, NetBios datagram (in the case you're working on a Windows Network environment), etc.

I beg your pardon (to all of you) if my first appreciation was wrong.

Kind regards,
Jose Joaquin