Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: TruSecure Organization :VSMail mx2

From: "Lisa LAFLEUR" <LLafleu () firstfedamerica com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 14:52:52 -0500

I did work with Trusecure intensively in the past to verify our firewall procedures.  They first performed a port scan
on our firewall to ensure our open ports did not put us at any significant risk.  Once we secured the ports and stopped
our mail relaying, they scheduled an onsite visit to review physical security and demonstrate their website.  The
person who came on site provides excellent advice and training.  Then we had to schedule a second site visit which also
went very well.

During the process you have access to their portal page where you document your network, staff, etc.  I believe there
is a seven step process to attaining their certification.  You can track your status through the portal.

Their staff was very good and very professional.  The only issue I had with them was that when we were getting
certified I was fairly new to security and to my position with my company.  My company runs a BorderManager firewall
which is anything but user friendly, so closing ports was a bit difficult and they didnt' have any experience with this
firewall, so they could not provide my any assistance while I learned the ropes so to speak.

Besides that I highly recommend them.

Lisa B. Lafleur, CNE, CISSP
Data Security Administrator

"Tony Toni" <tony572000 () hotmail com> 1/9/2003 1:51:00 PM >>>
Hi,

Has anyone used TruSecure Organization to supplement their security efforts?
 A short background is our IT Department will be using the TruSecure to
help ensure that the security for servers (Unix, Win2K/Nt, Aix) and Cisco
routers is proper. I was curious about how the following groups interfaced
their daily work efforts with TruSecure: internal/external auditors, IT
Security, Server/Network Staff, etc.

Tony CIA,CISA,CDP,MBA
Security and Audit Services
Nations Banking & Trust