Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: security scenario

From: "s7726" <s7726 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:59:50 -0800

If you set the bios pass you can simply disable the floppy and cd drives as
boot media. No this does not fix having the person open the case and reset
the bios, but I have seen a few cases (mostly from OEM) with places to put a
master lock so the case can't be opened without some hardware which would
almost definitely draw some attention - "Hey Jim what're the bolt cutters
for."

Gavin S.