Security Basics mailing list archives

Actual Security Cases

From: "ullmic6 () web de" <ullmic6 () web de>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 20:23:25 +0100

Does anybody know a good internet source of actual security related real life cases? I know that it's a risk to forward corporate mail to internet e-mail account like AOL or gmx. But I need a case like "in january 2001 the aol accounts of xyz got cracked and a lot of confidential data was published by some hackers on the internet" to convince a manager who thinks the risk is just theoretical and nothing ever happened. I would like to have such stories for different threats (no remote access via modem, no weak passwords, no unenecrypted data on laptops,...). In my opinion the stories in the book "Tangled Web" are just a starting point (some of them are not easy enough for managers).

--
<- ullmic6 ->