Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Outlook and Win2K

From: "Chris Berry" <compjma () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 07:52:04 -0800

From: "Raoul Armfield" <armfield () amnh org>
In the original post the poster stated that he understood that Roaming
profiles where the best solution however for whatever reason he could
not implement them so he is looking for a workaround to roaming
profiles.

My bad, didn't notice that. We probably need to know his reason before we can suggest a good answer. For example, he could use login/logout scripts to copy the outlook profiles to a central directory and back to the workstation every time someone logs in which would solve his issue without using roaming profiles, but it's similiar to roaming so that may not be acceptable.

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"For Sys Admins paranoia isn't a mental health problem, its a marketable job skill."