Security Basics mailing list archives

Contractor Rates.

From: "Tony Toni" <tony572000 () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 03:29:43 +0000

Hi,

Does anyone know what the hourly contract rate is for a Sr. IT Auditor with 15+ years experience? I have had some agencies call me and ask me if I want to work as an Sr. IT Auditor for about $50 an hour on short term contracts (i.e. about 6 months). Is this a good rate or am I being low balled? What rate do IT Security Consultants with a CISSP get?...seems to me I should get about the same. Anybody know of any web sites that list contract rates for security or audit people?

Please note that I am not asking how much a client companies pays...because I know that an agency gets about 30-50% cut. I am asking what is the hourly amount that would go into my pocket

Tony CIA,CISA,CDP,MBA