Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Account lockout

From: "Benjamin Meade" <ben () lanwest com au>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:32:50 +0800

I had something close to the same problem, where one of my desktop
machines was locking out an account on our file server, and blocking the
person who needed to use the account. I turned on logon auditing on the
server, and it gave me the machine and service that was trying to logon
to the server and locking out the account.

Benjamin Meade
Systems Administrator
LanWest Pty Ltd