Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: remote desktop question

From: "Stacy Olivas" <olivas () digiflux org>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 20:48:45 +0100

Yes it does, but, like anything else, adding an extra layer of security
doesn't hurt too much.

Besides, I'm sure a lot of people on this list may argue as to whether or
not the encryption used in these
products is really secure, or if they are just there as "marketing hype".
(How many exploits/compromises have there
been as a result of these "services"?)

The question boils down to:  How much security is right for you?  And do you
value your systems/data?

Here are some interesting links on the issue:
http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/292127
http://www.secunia.com/advisories/7118/

and finally:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;324380&;