Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: General Security audit question

From: "David Verty" <verticalrave () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 18:19:22 +0000

One place that has a plethora of information on securing networks is CERT (of course..). CERT has great recommendations that some administrators don't even bother with, but save time later on...Search around and you will find some good articles. The last one i've read was here:
http://www.cert.org/security-improvement/

Also, you may want to ask about their user policies, and how they are structured.

There are also some that are on IBM's website (I don't know where, I lost my list of links) that cover things like wardialing into a network to find an open defaulted switch.