Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Download Managers

From: SMiller () unimin com
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:10:10 -0500

If nothing else. I would strongly suggest that you use Ad-Aware or
equivalent scanner to determine if such a product is adware/spyware,
partcularly if the DM is free. Several years ago I used Gozilla! only to
find that it was calling home on a regular basis...

                      Leon Pholi
                      <L.Pholi@secureinter        To:       security-basics () securityfocus com
                      active.com>                 cc:
                                                  Subject:  Download Managers
                      02/25/2003 07:11 PM

Hi,

Just wondering on thoughts about download managers- do they pose are
security risk? Any known to be trojaned? The one I use is GetRight, does
anyone know if this one has known security issues?

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks.

Leon