Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: passwords

From: multics () ruserved com
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:13:36 -0500 (EST)

Only if you are sure they are selecting good passwords.  It also
depends on how secure your network is and the access path between the
users and the mail server.  If users are writing down or choosing
insicure passwords due to problems remembering the new ones then
you may be introducing more problems then you are solving.

Hello all,

one of the favorite subjects in my company seems to be the strength of
passwords. We force our users to change their mail password every 90 days.
Does this make sense? Why?

--
ullmic

--
Richard Shetron  multics () ruserved com multics () acm rpi edu  NO UCE
What is the Meaning of Life?      There is no meaning,