Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Annoying virus being mailed to me

From: "Chris Carter" <chris.carter () ebunda com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 11:53:32 +0100

Hey thanks!

Well I've followed the advice and now throw the messages into the Trash
not wasting any further time on it. But I can't help feeling a rather
passive about the thing.

Glad I'm not the only one... although I did realize it was an already
known worm that had been tamed.

The address I get them at is not one I use for public stuff (I use
coldmail for that). It's my private address for family and friends (it's
certainly not widespread!). None of the people that have the address are
infected. OTOH, I don't manage the MTA (wish I did); so I can't block
"boss.com" at the MTA level.

Cheers!
Chris