Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: VLAN Security

From: Rich MacVarish <rmacvarish () killergeek com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:14:01 -0500 (EST)

Greetings,

I don't know of any advantages (if someone does please share) of moving
all users to a non-default VLAN, but there may be an advantage to putting
different user groups onto different VLANs.

Example, putting Development and HR onto different VLANs essentially puts
them on seperate networks and prevents them from seeing each other. This
is a definate plus for security.

Rich MacVarish
Unemployed
"Insert witty signature file here."