Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Pen test: which ones??

From: "Andy Cuff [Talisker]" <lists () securitywizardry com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 13:40:45 -0000

Hi
A simple tool to achieve these results would be Firewall Informer from Blade
Their marketing blurb goes something like this " Blade Software created
Firewall Informer to enable audit, security and network staff to effectively
validate the deployment, configuration and performance of firewalls simply
and easily.  There is no need for extensive knowledge of multiple platforms
"
http://www.blade-software.com/FWInformer_LP.htm

This is not a pen-testing tool you need direst access to both sides of the
firewall

[Disclaimer:  I run a banner on my site for Blade, not for money but a copy
of the product, coz it looks kinda s3xy.  The presence of the banner has in
no way influenced this post, if I thought it was cr4p I'd still say so]

take care
-andy
Talisker Security Tools Directory
http://www.securitywizardry.com