Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: DMZ and AD Authentication

From: jamesworld () intelligencia com
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:57:01 -0600

Geoff,

I second what Shawn said.  If you can avoid it...don't do it.

If however, you are stuck with an order from up high.

Connect to the AD box thru the firewall via IPSEC.

If you use NIDS, however, this will blind it to any attack's that might come thru is the web server was compromised.

I would recommend using the Cisco Security Agent (formerly Okena) on the web server.

The other thing you could do is use a Cisco ACS server to front end the AD authentication and have the web server authenticate to the ACS via RADIUS or TACACS. You will need to code the RADIUS integration (unless you can find it somewhere :-)

HTH,

-James