Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability Assessment Checklists?

From: "Marcos E. Rodriguez" <mrodrigu () agape-tech com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 18:29:05 -0500

Hello;

If I were in your position I would grab a copy of the latest OSSTMM.  This
is a good methodology to start off with.  Many newcomers and veterans alike
utilize this resource.

Check it out at:

http://www.isecom.org/projects/osstmm.shtml

That's where I would start.  Once you get into the swing of things, gain
experience and research, you'll be well on your way to finding the best
methodology for your own specific services.  I tend to use this for private
sector companies, and I use NIST's guide to security testing for government
clients.  You can find good NIST security government resources here:

http://csrc.nist.gov/

Hope this helps.  Congrats on your cert and keep it up :o)

Marcos
http://www.agape-tech.com