Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: {Spam?} Installing WinPcap for Windows XP

From: c_brauckmiller () LEK COM
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:11:02 -0500

Perhaps this will help.  I've never tried this version, but the Network Monitor
under NT3.51 and NT4 did capture PPP/SLIP traffic.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310875

Good luck

Craig

"David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu> wrote on 12/10/2003 04:33:01 PM:

  I've wanted to do this, too, but so far as I've been able to find,
Ethereal hooks into the Ethernet NIC drivers, not the TCP/IP stack.
So sniffing TCP/IP over SLIP/PPP is not an available option.
  (I would love to be wrong about this....)

David Gillett