Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Products detecting DDoS attacks

From: Dean Davis <Dean.Davis () mbg-inc com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 14:08:32 -0500

Kip:

If you're open to using Open-source, then you must consider one of the best
NIDSs, not to mention it's free, on the market: Snort. www.snort.org

You can salvage an outdated machine, arm it with 2 NICs, and place it in
stealth mode at your network's perimter or nearby, to sniff the appropriate
traffic.

Thanks,
Dean Davis, MCSE,MCDBA,CCNA,CNA,N+,Linux+
Sr. Network Engineer
MBG, Inc.
370 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10017