Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Messenger service abuse (from inside the network)

From: Jimi Thompson <jimit () myrealbox com>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 14:26:05 -0600

I'd also suggest going to management and having them issue a policy with as many teeth as possible, preferably advocating firing the offender. Have HR make everyone read and sign. First violator gets smacked as hard as possible, again perferably fired. That should get the rest of them in line. Unfortunately, it's illegal to physically abuse id10T end users. Sounds draconian, but if they are creating a DOS situation on their own network, they aren't undeserving.

2 cents,

Jimi