Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Ad-aware

From: kristofer.mcconnell () prudential com
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:11:51 -0500

I agree with Mike. I have been using Ad-aware myself for the last couple of
years and found it indispensable. I also use the Spybot Search & Destroy in
conjunction with Ad-aware to eliminate all ad and spyware from my machine.

Pros: free, easy to use, updated frequently
Cons: limited to personal use, doesn't scan in realtime

Hope this helps,
Kris

              "Michael Fredericks"

              <mike () fredericks org>                       To:                                         "'Jack
Solomon'"
                                                           <solzjack43 () hotmail com>, <security-basics ()
securityfocus com>
                                                          cc:

              Wednesday December 3, 2003 04:22 PM         Subject:   RE: Ad-aware

I've used Ad-aware for a few years and found it to work very well. The
catch is that it is not free for business use. The professional version
adds the ad-watch feature which continuously monitors for registry
changes and spyware addition rather than just during the times when the
scan is run. There may be better programs out there but, again, I've
been very happy with Ad-aware. The author seems to make regular
improvements and the search speed has increased dramatically since its
earlier versions.

Good luck with your search.
Mike