Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Physical Computer Location

From: "Jason Chung-Tung" <jason.chung-tung () excendis com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:38:57 -0400

One more neat feature that Cisco (among other vendors) has implemented is
Port Security. You can (among other things) restrict use of the port based
on MAC address. This will require the user to notify you (the administrator)
of the move. You need to consider this carefully, as this cold turn out to
be an administrative nightmare if you do not have the resource to manage
this task in a very dynamic environment.