Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: DCOM Hotfix breaks our software

From: "Dedric Ramsey - Ramsey Consulting Svc." <ramseyconsulting () mindspring com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:49:20 -0400

It sounds like the easiest solution (not knowing if *all* the systems at
your site are incompatible with the patch or just a few) would be to secure
the laptops.  From the sounds of things, there are fewer laptops than
desktops, so get to them before they are allowed on the network, make sure
they are clean, patch them (and adding/activating a firewall on them would
be nice too), then get on your software vendor to make their package play
nice.

Dedric Ramsey
Ramsey Consulting Services
770.826.8008