Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: syslog log collabration

From: "subscribe" <subscribe () kringstad net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 19:41:47 +0200

------------------------
I do not want to install a firewall locally, as all the computers are
behind a firewall. So if syslog-ng has this feature, Ill look into it.
Btw, in secure mode: is the traffic than encrypted in some sort ?
I will belive that ordernary syslogd sends logs in clear text?!

Im not looking to purchase some software, I was hopening that opensource
had some good apps. I've tested logdigest and logwatch, but I'm not sure
if these are right. I hoped that this app could send me an summary once
a day, and maybe an PHP frontend and also realtime alerts.

My network is about 1000 computers, but I'd like to use an application
that
scales from 10 - 100 servers differing from linux to microsoft.

---
Trond