Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Network IDS

From: cc <cc () belfordhk com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 10:18:01 +0800

Duston Sickler wrote:

Hello,

I would like to thank in advance everyone who is out of the office.  I
really do like to hear about it.

The Network Administrator for the company I work for has charged me to
locate a Network Intrusion Detection System.  We do have a monitored
firewall between us and the outside world.  We need something to protect our
servers from anyone coming from the inside.  We have about 20 Windows 2000
Servers, 5 NT 4 Servers, and 250 Windows 2000/Thin Net workstations.

Well, I've heard of TripWire.  I don't know if that's the
appropriate type of app your company might be interested.
(Note, just a $0.02.  YMMV)

--
email: cc () belfordhk com  | "A man who knows not where he goes,
                         |  knows not when he arrives."
                         |                - Anon

** All information contained in this email is strictly     **
** confidential and may be used by the intended receipient **
** only.                                                   **