Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: comcast blocking ipsec traffic?

From: "DeGennaro, Gregory" <Gregory_DeGennaro () csaa com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:36:22 -0700

Have them reset your modem hardware.  We experience this problem and I had
the tech support team tell Comcast to hard reset the modem through the
central office or neighborhood concentrator.

In the past, PPOE also interfered with IPsec.

Regards,

Greg DeGennaro Jr., CCNP
Security Analyst
Former Broadband Tech