Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Cisco Workaround

From: "Cesar Osorio" <COsorio () awb com au>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:12:04 +1000

David,

Have you got a Syslog server where you can check the errors appearing, then
send them to Cisco or who ever is your CISCO support,  looking at the logs
it should give a good indication onto why you clients a droping the VPN,
maybee they need another client as well ?

Regards,

Cesar

                      "David Gillett"

                      <gillettdavid@fh         To:      "'stephen at unix
dot za dot net'"
                      da.edu>                  <stephen () unix za net>

                                               cc:
<security-basics () securityfocus com>
                      12/08/2003 02:07         Subject: RE: Cisco
Workaround
                      Please respond

                      to gillettdavid

  Whether your VPN users need GRE or ESP+AH will depend on what
particular VPN technology they use.  (In our case, some users need
one and some the other, but that's probably not typical.)

David Gillett