Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: TR : event viewer log How to get more information

From: "Trevor Cushen" <Trevor.Cushen () sysnet ie>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 17:09:23 +0100

Logon Type 3 is network logon
http://is-it-true.org/nt/atips/atips57.shtml
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/prnf_msg_pfjj.asp

You have both machine names as in the machine they logged on to and the one they logged on from.  Check both for
anything suspicious.  Put a personal firewall on for protection or leave the firewall logging only for details.  It's
not a process on the target machine anyway.  Run an IDS system maybe.  Harden the machine to block network logons.  Do
the other machines belong on your network?.  You already have beyond default auditing turned on.  What exactly are you
looking for?