Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: DShield.org Recommended Block List

From: "Godfrey, Tyler" <Tyler.Godfrey () agiliti com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:55:50 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Kelley [mailto:b0bk3ll3yjr () adelphia net]
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 12:27 AM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: DShield.org Recommended Block List

I am looking for some feedback on using the dshield recommended block list

on my screening router which sits in front of my firewall.

----

You may want to take a peek at Rob Thomas' (Team Cymru) Bogons page as well. You can find his info at
http://www.cymru.com/Bogons/index.html. In particular, the Bogon Router Server Project may be of some use for automatic
updating.

-Tyler

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
ensure your place.  http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-security-basics