Security Basics mailing list archives

R: Zenworks

From: "Turco Luca (Pozzi-Ginori)" <luca.turco () pozzi-ginori it>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:02:31 +0200

Big product on the paper.
Big troubles on the real life.

We are trying to deploy it on our company since last June (2002).
We would install it for advanced proxy functions (Border Manager), automatic
software deployement (ZENWorks for servers and ZENWorks for desktops) and
reach single sign on (or, to be precise, password syncronization).
eDirectory, on wich all the suite relies is working fine but other services
like Account Management 3.0 is a complete mess!

We have a simple Active Directory situation with a couple of linux servers
and we are still not able to completely replicate account informations from
AD and eDir (both directions).

We are not alone in our installation. We have a good consultant working on
this project but every time we encounter a problem, we have to wait for a
new service pack.

If I could restart from the beginning, I wouldn't choose this product. After
10 months I couldn't give you any information about addedd security
benefits. Simply we can't use it.

Luca Turco.
Network and Security Manager
Sanitec Italia S.p.A.