Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: open proxy

From: "J.P.A. Ernest" <security () joosternest nl>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 00:35:39 +0200

Hello all,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their responses. Today
I recieved the first message from our Dutch IPS that our external IP is
unblocked... A couple of other dbases to go...

As you al read in my first message, i'am not a security admin... the
problem is that I work part-time administring a network which I have not
build myself. But with all the suggestions handed to me I will talk to
my supervisors to tighten the security around our network.

Indeed, ISA-server is on my priority-list along with the rebuilding of
the internal network.

So, thanks for your input. I know I have a lot to learn about this
subject bij this mailinglist is a very good start!

Joost Ernest
The Netherlands