Security Basics mailing list archives

Firewall on Mac OS X

From: James Z <r7y528 () attbi com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:20:57 -0700

I'm looking for recommendations for a firewall to use on a Macintosh running
OS X. I'm running a demo of Netbarrier X and have a router in front of the
Mac. Nothing ever comes through the router so I have no idea if the firewall
offers any extra protection.

I also have a Sunblade 100 and need to install a firewall on it and thought
sun's free firewall would be good.

James Zuchelli
SQA Engineer

Is SPAM over-loading your e-mail server, disk space or bandwidth?
SurfControl E-Mail Filter is flexible, intelligent and policy-driven
protection.
http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-security-basics2
Download your free fully functional trial, complete with 30-days of free technical support.
Stop SPAM before it stops you.